Sunday, August 21, 2011

O Little Town of Bethlehem


Good Morning Friends & Happy Sunday.

I have a Christmas Card for you today.
(I know it's only August, but trust me, it will take 4 months to get all my cards made!)

My original idea was to heat emboss the image using Early Espresso craft ink & clear powder, but I just wasn't happy with that result.  I wanted our Wise Men to have more depth.

Here's what I did:
I stamped the image on Crumb Cake cardstock using Crumb Cake Classic ink.  I then used my Early Espresso marker to to color the parts of the image I wanted the darkest, I then went over the next area with my Crumb Cake marker to blend the colors, and then left the stamped image alone for the lightest parts.  Hope that made sense?

The star over Bethlehem is colored with a clear glitter pen as well as the outer stars and inside of the card:
For the Sand (ooo this is my favorite part :)
I used Champagne Glitter Glass ( adhering it with a thin even coating of Tombow glue)
**hint..Glitter Glass must be applied with either Tombow or Crystal Effects..(it won't stick otherwise)

The background is made using the Music Notes Wheel & Champagne Metallic ink (non SU) (Appologies, I don't have any, but I would have used the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint)

All supplies used:
Stamps:  Come to Bethlehem (120591 cm $14.95), Music Notes Wheel (120327 $6.50)
Papers:  Crumb Cake(120953), Early Espresso(119686), Brushed Gold(102935 $7.95)
Inks:  Crumb Cake pad:(121030 $5.95), Crumb Cake Marker (120967 $3.50), Early Espresso marker (119680 $3.50)  Metallic Pigment ink (non SU)...substitute for Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806 $5.95)
Accessories:  Champagne Stampin' Glass Glitter (120997 $3.95), Tombow Glue (110755 $3.95), Dimensionals (104430 $3.95), Early Espresso Brad (119736 $6.95), Crumb Cake Seam Binding (122322 $6.95), Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon (available 9/1) 124104 $7.95), Stampin' Around Wheel Guide (104834 $9.95)

Thanks so much for visiting!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

23 comments:

Patti said...

Absolutely beautiful. Interesting technique with the marker and the coloring. And all that gitter - wow!

Michalee said...

Are the stars over the scene (camels, left upper corner) also glass glitter specks? Must be, huh? Very pretty!

Traci DeGolier said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous! So, so elegant. TFS.

www.thelogicalstamper.com

Leigh said...

I love this gorgeous Christmas card.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning! I LOVE the glass glitter! I am now following you from SC. #15 http://www.stampinchic.com

rubberredneck said...

Beautiful card!

AnnMarie said...

Wow! Beautiful card! Really, really pretty! Look at you go too! I wish I was organized enough to be making Christmas cards this early! Really nice job! Following you from Stampin Connection! :)

Danielle said...

Wowzers! Simply stunning card with all that sparkle ... gorgeous colour palette and so beautifully put together!
Hugs, Danielle

Ladybing said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I am partial to the three wisemen for some reason in the Nativity so this is extra special to me.

Louise Brown said...

Your card id gorgeous....love the glass glitter. TFS

Jacynthe said...

Your card is a little piece of art!!! Thanks for sharing!

Debi said...

Oh my goodness, this card is stunning! So beautifully done!

Kathlene said...

Just stunning! You've really created a work of art here. Thanks for sharing.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

What a beautiful card!! Very well done!!

Gwen Mangelson said...

absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW WOW WOW!

marniemiller said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the colour, the GLITTER (I will be using that technique forsure), and the detail of the music notes wheel.

Shelly said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!! The colors are perfect for this image.

Tiffany Bauer said...

This card is just beautiful!!! WOW!! I will be featuring this beauty on My Crafty Picks #31 with a link back to your blog on 8-28-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

MONICA GALE said...

Such a stunning card !!!

Queen Mary said...

Lisa, I got here from another blog that posted your card as a favorite -- I have to say this is truly one of the most beautiful and elegant cards I have ever seen!

c67d0334-dfbd-11e0-875a-000f20980440 said...

Lisa:

It's a gorgeous card! Can you tell us dimensions for the paper? Also, what size envelope would you put this in? I'm really thinking about this being my Christmas card!

89CamaroRSgirl said...

Just saw this card on pinterest! you rock!! new fan here lol

Cathy Homan said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing!A