Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Rewind

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

I've been thinking that it's really sad how some of our retired sets sit on the shelf collecting dust
while we always focus on the new stuff.  Not that the new stuff isn't awesome, but the old stuff is too.

So here's my new plan...
Every Saturday, I'll drag out a retired set/ accessories/ papers etc. and create something.  Sometimes newer colors and accessories can add great life to some of our oldies.  I'm calling it Saturday Rewind.

Here's my card for this week:

What I've used:
Stamps:  Fang-tastic (2010 Holiday Mini Catalog)
Papers:  Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Cast a Spell DSP
Inks:  Black Stazon, Markers & Reinkers:  Pear Pizzazz, Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace, Rich Razzleberry, Black, Basic Gray, Going Grey, Blush Blossom, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip.
Accessories: Sizzix Circles #2, Scallop Circles, Scallop Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Pear Pizzazz Glimmer Brad, Elementary Ribbon Collection, Stampin' Dimensionals, White Water Color Pencil for highlights, Ticket Corner Punch, glue dots, aqua painter, blender pens, sponge daubers, Stampin' Pastels (Pretty in Pink).
Non-SU: (Circle Cutting die for layering circles)

Have a Fabulous Day!
Hugs,

4 comments:

Dale Morin said...

What a cute card! Great job on the coloring. Followed over from SC. I am number 297.

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Hi dear. Wow, what a beautiful blog you have. Just a joy to look around. I am with Dale.. The first thing I noticed was you coloring. The details are just stunning. SO well done.

I added myself as a follower to your blog through SU Connection. You're welcome to take a peek at my blog too.. and become a follower as well ;) Here is my link:

http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

I would love to have you visit.
Inky hugs, Pauline

Shelly said...

Hi Lisa, I agree about our retired sets. Some of them are just so cute. I love your idea of Saturday Rewind. Your card is just perfect!!!

Sheri - confessed craftaholic said...

Totally agree with you about our retired supplies, and I am a complete sucker for watercoloring. Yours is beautiful. Following you from SC. Come by for a visit! http://cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com/