Thursday, December 1, 2011

Welcome to My Roof Top!

Welcome to the UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! Up On The Roof Top 2011 World Showcase Holiday Blog Hop!
If you have been following the Blog Hop from the beginning, you have just been wowed by
Fiona Duthie's beautiful sewn ornaments made with Stampin' Up's! gorgeous Deck the Halls fabric!

If you are just joining the Blog Hop, no problem, as you can start at any point. All the Designer's Blogs are linked together so you will be able to see ALL the FABULOUS projects we have for you.
My project is a Vintage-Style Christmas Card Book Box.  It looks like a book on the outside, but holds cards on the inside!  I'm always looking for new ways to package the cards I make for gifts, and this was so easy and fun I wish I would have thought of it before!

I've simply decorated a Paper Mache craft box (sold at most hobby stores) and featured the
Merry & Type Stamp Set
and of course the Vintage Card to match that features
the Winter Post set









As a Special Thank You for stopping by my blog I am giving away BLOG CANDY!!
Please leave a comment about my project to be entered for a chance to win a great goodie bag of current Stampin' Up! products. I will randomly select a winner to be announced on Tuesday, so please check back to see if you are the lucky recipient!
AND there's MORE...LOTS MORE!!
  • You have the opportunity to get the downloadable PDF Tutorial for my project FREE!! It's a GIFT from UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! Woohoo!! See the blinkie below to access the FREE Blog Hop Website.
  • In the Spirit of the Holiday Season, you have the opportunity to get in on "Special Holiday Pricing" for the upcoming UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! SCORE!! Event. The Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Tool is HOT STUFF and SCORE!! will feature 40+ projects, all created using the Simply Scored Tool. SCORE!! is a MUST NOT MISS Event!! See the blinkie below to join and get in on the Early Bird savings.
And now for the most exciting giveaway of the season...
Everyone that joins the new and exciting upcoming event - SCORE!! - with "Special Holiday Pricing" will be entered into a Drawing to win 1 of 3 FREE Passes for an ENTIRE YEAR of UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! events!!
YES!!
You read that right!!
YOU could win a whole year of UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! events FREE!!

***Special Holiday Pricing of just $19.99 ends Dec 8th***

Winners will be announced on Friday, Dec 9th.
Click the Blinkie below to join SCORE!! with Special Holiday Pricing
and a chance to win a FREE Year of UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! events!!
Click the blinkie below and you will be taken to
THE UP ON THE ROOFTOP BLOG HOP WEBSITE!!

Of course it's ***FREE*** to join and
there you will find the tutorials for ALL the blog hop projects,
PLUS live chats, challenges and more prizes!!

You will even have an opportunity to be considered for a spot as a Guest Designer!!
Yes!! It is all FREE, so tell all your friends and
join the fun with UStamp with Dawn and Friends!!
AND last but certainly not least, it's time to hop on over to the next Designer's Roof Top, so please click below for NEXT BLOG, where you will find Monika ready to share a delightful Holiday project with you.
If you would like to hop back to Fiona's Roof Top, please click below.
Thanks again for stopping by and Happy Holidays to YOU!!

Hugs,

52 comments:

Diane said...

What a terrific way to package gift cards. I just ordered Winter Post and can't wait to putnink n it now that you have totally inspired me. Thanks formthe awesome hop. Blessings, Diane

Alison said...

Lovely idea.

Angie Jones said...

oooohhhhh that looks amazing !!!! love how you have the box looking like a book.

allison said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas. I loved the vintage card.
Happy holidays
Allison
Allieqdub@gmail.com

Krista said...

I love vintage cards. Great work.

Teri said...

Wow! Beautiful projects!

Kris Sobolik said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Tammy said...

I'm crazy about your project Lisa. I have often lingered over the paper mache isle and never could come up with an idea for one. I'm out the door to go pick up some of these books. Absolutely love it.

Melissa Stout said...

So beautiful & inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Baks said...

Really beautiful packaging idea! And I love your choices for decorating it.

Mum of 4 said...

Great job! Love the colors.

the plains stamper said...

Love the sparkle and your blog design is soooo cute. thanks for sharing.

Phyllis Strickland said...

Love the glitter glass - this inspires me to use it more.

karenstamps.com said...

Beautiful project! It would make a very special gift.

Debbie Flattum said...

Very elegant project. Love the book idea to hold the cards. Great designs using the glass glitter, too. Gorgeous! Anyone would be honored to receive this as a gift. Thank you for sharing!

Patti said...

What a beautiful vintage project. What a great way of gifting hand made cards!

Denise Foor said...

My favorite Christmas stamp set and you made it soar to new heights!!! Your projects are awesome. I just love the look you achieved. TFS

Shazza said...

this is fantastic, love it!!

Rhonda said...

I love your projects especially the glitter framing.

Kym said...

Beautiful set! Love the vintage look and feel to them.

lisa808 said...

Love the book/box!

Sharna Russell said...

i love the book, in fact both of them, they are fantastic, i love them

Laurie Gibson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love to alter these boxes and these have such a wonderful vintage look!!! Beautiful projects!!

Lisa Humes said...

I love these books. I think I will make a few and use them to keep all the cards we receive in a year. Kind of a mini time capsule for our family.

Keryn said...

I love these projects of yours. Thank you so much for sharing.

paper bag create said...

Gorgeous BOOK Box! Love what you've done! :)

Kirsten said...

The box is absolutely divine. So many ideas of what to put in there, I must go find me a box to decorate.

Regina said...

Your project has an instant "wow-factor" to it! Wonderful the vintage touch!

jenhayward said...

Wow Lisa, these projects are absolutely amazing!!! I love the vintage feel.

Jenny

Ann G. said...

I really thought it was a book jacket - what a terrific project - love your work

Vickie said...

I LOVE this idea!! We are alway thinking of creative ways to give our cards to friends and co-workers! This is a perfect answer for the gifts-TFS.

Vickie Steele
rnsteele80@aol.com

Snowmanlover said...

Oh Wow!! This one really wowed me with my mouth wide open!! Very gorgeous. So much work put into it!!! You are very talented!
Barb

Sherri said...

I love the old fashioned look of this project! Great job!!

Yvonne said...

I love this project, love the vintage feel to it.

carpediem said...

great project and fabulous blog hop! laura j

Dawn Mills said...

stunning!!!!

Erika Clark said...

Wow, Lisa, this project is truly world class! And your blog is one of the cutesy I've seen!

Miriam Prantner said...

This turned out great! Love the old world feel to it!

monikastamp said...

This is a really beautiful creation. I also love all your blog decorations - so festive!
Thanks for sharing.
Monika Davis

mitz said...

..ohhhh my gosh.. what a job you did.. its beautiful..
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

meonlake said...

Awesome looking book box! Thanks for sharing these great projects!
Marsha E

Leslie559 said...

Beautiful book and card. Thank you for sharing your time and talents. Merry Christmas.

April J said...

Gorgeous box! Love the look and feel. Good to see ideas with that stamp set.

Twila said...

Lisa, this is one of my favorite projects on the hop. LOVE IT! So vintage looking and the beautiful matching card, makes it an over the top project. WOohoo! for you!

Melissa said...

This is just gorgeous, Lisa!

Dawn said...

Wow! Such beautiful work! I can't wait to see how you did this! TFS!

Sally said...

What a great color combination. Very attractive.
Sally S

Carolyn said...

How cute! I can't wait to check out the tutorial!

Tanya Boser said...

These colors are stunning together! And your book box is gorgeous! I must go check it out!

Patrice Herrera said...

You sure did put a ton of work into these amazing projects Nicely Done and thanks for the great ideas!

Sue said...

You've done a great job on the box and the card.

Gwen P. said...

Lisa,
What a FABULOUS idea to put the cards in... I would have never thought of it!!! Thanks for sharing!!!