Thursday, July 17, 2014

Convention Board Day 2

Hi Friends!

Today is Day 2 of sharing the cards I made for the "Inking with Frenchie" board at convention.


I really LOVE the Specialty DSP "Typeset".  I decided to see if I could stamp and water color on it.  I was unsure because the paper (as intended) is very thin.  As you can see it worked out just fine! :)

*Tip*
If you decide to give it a try, just be super careful not to over saturate the ink/water when water coloring. Color an area, let it dry, then go back in and add more color. You could also use the new Blenabilities.  Since they are alcohol ink, you don't have to let the image dry between color applications...but you still have to be careful not to over saturate the ink.

*Another Tip*
Don't get too crazy with your adhesive.  It will show through the DSP. I lightly tacked each corner and under the image with Snail.  The clip at the top really did most of the work.

What I Used:

Stamps:  Bloom with Hope, Gorgeous Grunge.

CS and Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Naturals Ivory, Basic Black, Typeset Specialty DSP.

Ink:  Memento, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sky.

Accessories: Aqua Painter, Essentials Hardware Clips, 3/8" Lost Lagoon stitched satin ribbon, Venetian Crochet trim, white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue dots.

Thank you for stopping by!
Until next time...
Happy Crafting!

No comments: