Saturday, July 19, 2014

Convention Board Day 4

Hello Again!

I'm back with another card from our
 at convention.


If you're interested,
I've written a TUTORIAL on how to color ribbon.

Since I used the Fancy Foil Designer Velum, I wanted to add a little more sparkle to my bloom.  
I first heat embossed it with black embossing powder.
Next I water colored the bloom with Smoky Slate ink.


Then to add the sparkle, I used a Blender Pen and Encore Silver Metallic refill.

Note: You may want to dedicate one Blender Pen tip specifically for metallic inks.  They are very thick, and even though you can wipe the tip fairly clean, there are some remnants of the ink left.
If you don't want to gunk up your Blender Pen, a small paint brush will work too! 



Finally...
A word about adhering velum:  It doesn't seem to matter (not that I've found anyway) what type of adhesive you use on Velum, it always shows through.  My trick here was to adhere all four corners and them camouflage them with photo corners ( two 1" punched squares cut in half on the angle). I also put a dab of adhesive under the main image.

Here's What I Used:

Stamps:  Blooming with Kindness.

CS and Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Silver Fancy Foil Designer Velum.

Inks: Versa Mark, Smoky Slate, Encore Silver Metallic.

Accessories:  White Organza ribbon (colored with Smoky Slate Stampin' Write marker), Black embossing powder, Aqua Pointer, Blender Pen, Sponge Dauber,  1 1/4", 1 3/8" Circle punches, 1" Square punch, MDS + e-cutter for 3",3 1/4", 3 1/2" circles, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until Tomorrow...
Happy Crafting!

No comments: