Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Rewind: Fly Fishing

Hi Friends!

It's been a while since I did a Saturday Rewind Post so let me explain:
Saturday Rewinds feature retired stamps and/or products.

Now hold your horses...

I pair these Classics with new product to give them an updated look.
My hope is to help you blow the dust off of your oldies and rekindle the love;)
This week, I've blown the dust off of two sets:
Fly Fishing - retired 2004
Netting background stamp - retired 2013.
  (I needed to make a birthday card for my Step-Dad and he loves fishing)

 Don't have these in your stash?

May I suggest these beauties instead?
They are both currently available!
 

So back to the card...
What's New You Ask?

The COLORS!!!
Mossy Meadow
Lost Lagoon
Cajun Craze
I used sponge daubers for the scenery in these colors:
Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, So Saffron.

I used a Blender Pen with Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, and Crumb Cake to color the details.
Yes, there was a little bit of masking involved, but not bad.

Raise your hand if you remember Cork Sheets from 2011!

I'm sure I bought them with some project I had in mind at the time...
but that thought has long since flown the coop.

Well, I decided to open them up to make an embellishment for my card.
I stamped the fishing hook in Memento ink and colored with markers.

I cut the cork piece out with a hobby knife...
me thinks there's probably a better solution
but I couldn't think of one. 

I also used some transparent bead string to look like fishing line.

I'd like to give a shout out to 
for the inspiration!

If you have any suggestions or retired products you'd like to refresh, give me a shout! 
You could be featured on Saturday Rewind!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

 photo e5348add-1dbf-495a-a477-f7063da71c17.jpg

No comments: